Sunday, January 14, 2007

The things we do when we only have one car in the family. Robert has been taking the van to work everyday leaving me and the kids at home. Everyday. Just looking at each other, all day long. That's very boring.

If necessity is the mother of invention, tedium is the mother of all really, really bad ideas. And so it was the other day when Ethan decided to tackle his little brother. You see...he just did it all wrong. I mean, really, if you are going to do something, I just think you should do it properly. And thus started an afternoon lesson on how to give a good powerful tackle. We spent the next 10 minutes working on form, speed and agility. And of course, impact. Ethan is a rather quick study when it comes to all things regarding brute force. And, I know that this little life lesson has a very high probability of coming back and biting me in the rear one day. But fortunately, not yet.

Ethan took his new found knowledge and immediately turned around and gave his little brother and sister the same lesson that I had given him. Thankfully he let them hit him instead of the other way around.

"And now...let the wild rumpus start." --where the wild things are. (our new favorite leisure reading - thanks Robin :)





"oh please don't go- we'lleat you up - we love you so!"

No comments: