Wednesday, November 07, 2007



A couple of years ago I decided to make this quilt for Ethan. I had nearly completed the face of the quilt and bought the material for the back and sides when I decided, quite suddenly, that I couldn't sew another stitch. I was done with quilting. So I threw it all in a box and never looked at it again. Until last week.
Last week I decided that before I started another project, I had to finish the one that has been hanging over my head for so long. Ethan is very excited to use it and kept laying under it while I stitched the binding. A little annoying...but cute. It definitely feels good to have it done.

Ethan kept laying under his blanket while I stitched it up. I told him that every stitch meant "I love you" and so he'd be covered with love every time he slept. By the time I was finished he was so excited to sleep with it.

3 comments:

Lora Spencer said...

classic, and so 'boy'. perfect for 'Than.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, beautiful, wish I was there. It's a lot like the one you made Chey-Chey -- a lot of the same colors too - but blue background instead of yellow - oh yeah, and a whole lot fancier and more complicated. I seriously didn't think that was possible. And it's so big - no wonder it took you two years! ;)
gina
ps. love the CJ lawn man story - what an idiot - but a sweet idiot!

Anonymous said...

Love to read others' comments. Love, Mom