


This was my first attempt at pinwheels. It was hard for me because all the quilting I've done so far has been very forgiving. My measurements never had to be exact and any screw up could easily be worked into the pattern. But pinwheels requires very precise measurements, precise cutting, pressing and then measuring again. Any mistake on these was quite apparent. This meant that I had to force myself to go very slowly, which was hard since I'm not a very patient person. However, I was very pleased in the end on how it all fit together. I tried hard to pick colors that I thought fit Mom's personality and thought I was being very intuitive until I realized I had really just picked all my favorite colors. This became clear when I held up the quilt and realized it matched all the colors in my house. We have dark brown walls & couches, light yellow walls, sage green carpet and even a warm orange room (that wall color was a gift from the previous owner of our house...and although I don't think it is a great color to paint walls, I do think it went nicely with the other colors.)
So...who knows, I may attempt the pinwheels again someday. I'm glad I was able to get it off to Mom before she got home from the hospital. We love you,Mom! Hopefully your recovery is quick and complete.
3 comments:
christy- that is a beautiful quilt. simply amazing. so here's a question i have for you- don't any of my kids get one of those special quilts?
love ya
Christy,
I LOVE the quilt!!! The package was waiting for me on the front porch when I got home from the hospital. It is so warm and cozy! I am wearing a shirt that is green that matches one of the colors in the pinwheel. We'll send you a picture. The colors blend so well! You are quite the artist!
Love,
Mom Jones
Since we live in Santa Rosa, I should know more about what's going on with "Mom Jones" but I get most of my information by watching what she's writing on your blog comments. I'm glad she loved the quilt--what an amazing gift! You are a super seamstress! Love, Mom
Post a Comment