
So last night I locked myself into my room with my sewing machine and seam ripper (my best friend) and emerged later that evening with this little dress. Voila...my first attempt at making clothing.
The back was a bit of a problem b/c my button-up shirt only went up so far until it turned into a V. So I altered the design a bit and made little ties to keep the top together.
The knife-pleat on the bottom took up a bit of time because I somehow managed to sew it onto the wrong side the first time through....seam-ripper came to the rescue and we were able to get back on track after a relatively small, but loud, tantrum. :)
6 comments:
i love it. you are quite gifted with the sewing machine and seam ripper. did you look at some sort of pattern or just designed it yourself? girls are far easier to dress and design for.
This is adorable!! I dare say I like it better as a dress- I am partial to ruffles, brown and sun dresses! How cute! You're so talented!
BRAVO! I may need that pattern come next summer.
I love it!
Christy!!!! ohmygoodness I'm so glad you found my blog, it's been forever since we've seen each other! Your kids are ADORABLE, Alaina looks just like a mini-you! I remember hearing that you had twins, that's awesome, I bet that makes life exciting! I'm so excited to follow you guys via blog, yay for technology :) Where on the East Coast are you living now? Love you guys!
p.s. this dress turned out awesome, i love the ruffles!
Post a Comment