I think adequate descriptions of my boys would be that Ethan is eager to please and Austin is a mini-hippie. After we had gone through Reed's Gold Mine, the tour guide asked if there were any questions. Ethan immediately raised his hand up, waving it around, desperate to participate. When he was called on his smile slowly flattened and he finally said, "uh...oh. Yeah. Never mind." Ask him what the original question was and he would have had the exact same response. Austin, watching big brother in the spotlight, thought he'd give it a go and raised up his hand The guide smiled (a sure sign he was used to these types of responses and said, "ok. yes. What is your question son." Without missing a beat, Austin responded, "Excuse me. Um. I love you."
When I picked up Austin from preschool he looked positively glum. Before I could say anything he said, "i'm sorry I'm in bad-newses." Confused, I asked,"Bad news?" "Yes bad newses. My friend couldn't play anymore so now I'm in a bad newses." A light clicked, "A bad mood? Glad to finally be understood he shouts out, "Yes...bad news!"

(a cute pic. of Jen and Austin)
Austin had a tummy ache the other day. He let me know by saying, "My tummy's bone is broken. My tummy is dizzy....it's so dizzying."
Austin couldn't find a toy and asked me to find it. I told him to keep looking and saw him sit down with his head in his hand muttering, "I have to use my brain now."
I love to go to Costco during the food tasting time. This occupies my kids and provides them with a mini-dinner at the same time. The other day after one of these bite-size snacks, Alaina took her plastic cup and tossed it into a nearby garbage from her seat on the cart. With the success of a garbage 'dunk' behind her, she exclaimed, "When I grow up I want to be someone who throws things away." "A garbage man?" I asked? "Yes! A garbage man." Concerned, Austin piped up and asked, "What about being a Princess?" She shakes her head, "no." Trying to 'keep her options open' (thanks dad) I reminded her, "didn't you want to be a butterfly?" But she's adamant, "No I want to be a garbage man because I'm good at throwing things away." Now, who can argue with that?
Before Austin does something, he likes to announce it. When he got too tired from the 2 minute walk from the bus stop back to our house he throws himself down on the grass & shouts, "I plopped down. I'm going to plop on the grass."
I was getting Austin dressed after his bath and had just put on his gray boxers & t-shirt when he gave me an impromptu hug. A moment later he Austin wearing a turned and looked behind him and said, "look at my bum." "Why? is something on it?" I asked, worried that I was going to find a unwanted surprise. "No, look at my bum." So I look and while I'm checking him out he, in all seriousness, says, "doncha think its cute?" And then I really check him out. "Yes...I do think it's cute," He sighs in agreement, "Yeah, it is cute."
It seems that Robert has passed down his infallible confidence. Which brings me to one of my favorite quotes...anyone?
Well chosen briefs I must say. Chicks dig gray. Nice. Firm. Buttocks.
1 comment:
that little austin is something else. of course i don't know the quote
Post a Comment