Sunday, February 01, 2009

Last week we went with Sara & Aaron and their family to the Carolina Raptor Center. It is a center where they rescue birds of prey and release them back to the wild when they are ready to fend for themselves again. The kids had a great time running around the woods and checking out all the birds. They also had a bunch of teenagers come around with the birds so everyone could get a closer look. Here are some pictures...poor Lizzy (Virginia's twin) didn't get in any of the pictures. :(

At noon we went to a nearby BBQ place. A BBQ place in the country is always a crap shoot but this one turned out to be pretty good. The fries were greasy and the ribs were tasty. What I didn't know was that Alaina is a serious hot-wings lover. She was still hungry after downing her own cheese sandwich, so I gave her one of my a chicken wings. I thought for sure it would be too spicy for her. The next time I looked up her face was covered with grease and she was down to just the bones. Seriously...just the bones. I mean, that girl ate everything else. More Please! What a silly girl.

1 comment:

amber {and co.} said...

Cute pictures!! And I would love to see one with Alaina's face covered in hot wing sauce :)