Sunday, September 20, 2009

Guess who got themselves ready for church without any help from Mama? I put him in the bath and the next thing I knew he was dressed and had his hair gelled to perfection.
He then insisted on a mini photo-shoot for the blog. Is it weird that my kids use the word 'blog' in everyday conversation?

I insisted on one non-pose for g-ma. (It's the only way I can get him to stop and smile)

I can't remember if I put Austin with his faux-hawk up. He demanded on after I refused to cut off his curls for the real thing. After about 10 minutes all he had left was a superman curl in the middle of his forehead.

I painted my toenails for the first time since Lora's wedding. Alaina begged to have 'matchy-match' fingernails...so I gave in. (I have no will power.) Here she is showing off her new gorgeous nails.

When I was taking her picture I looked down and couldn't believe how grown up her little hand was. Sometimes I want to document every little detail of my sweet babies before they completely grow up. Every part of them is just so perfect and sweet and beautiful and alive. I hate to see them change so quickly but I love every new adventure. If I could hold on to these moments now when they are so individual and independent and yet they will spontaneously smother you with kisses, hugs and i-love-yous, I would. At least, I'd stretch it out a few extra years. Like 20.

3 comments:

Jim and Steph said...

ethan sure does know how to throw an outfit together. it would be nice if we could just pause there growing up.

Mandy Jarvis said...

Or more...(years) Jilli always wants her nails painted...she loves pink (mommy does not, mommy does black) so we do nail nights her nails are so stinkin tiny!

Doug and Cecile said...

wow, I haven't looked at this for a long time. Time to catch up. Love, Mom