Cleaning!
Everyday. All day. And the house looks almost good enough to buy. Too bad 'almost' doesn't doesn't bring home the bacon. Oh well...one of these days... until then I guess I'll just have to keep working the elbow grease.
Ok. Here are just a few silly moments that I've been trying to remember.
While we were at a restaurant (during a house showing.) we found ourselves watching football on TV above our table. Super annoying, by the way. Anyways, Ethan was enthralled. If we looked down for a second, he'd shout, "You're missing the football!" Finally, Ethan decided that he wanted to be a football player. We talked about how football players get hurt (as we watched a player get hurt and be carried off the field.) He didn't care. He still wanted to be a football player. Sweet Austin said, "If I was there I would call out, 'don't get hurt. Don't get hurt. Don't get hurt!'" And after watching the instant replay of the guy getting hurt, Austin stated, "I don't want to be a football player." Then pointing to his face he said, " I want to be a movie star." And I swear, the way he said it sound more like, "There's no way I'm going to mess this perfect face up." Sometimes I wish that boy's life WAS on film.
Laina wanted to call G-Ma Jones on the phone. When Mom answered, Laina acted like the teenager she'll become and started walking around the house having a 'private' conversation. Mom kindly filled in the details of their conversation. First she asked Alaina to sing her a song which was all the encouragement that girl needed to bust into a hearty version of 'Row, row, row your boat.' Only her special lyrics went as followed, "Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life goes down the drain." And immediately after that she added, "We WANT to move but we can't get anybody to buy our house!" Hmm, I wonder if my ultra positive attitude is rubbing off on her?
Ethan was trying to decide which of his two girl friends to marry. He finally settled on Molly because 'she's already kissed me 2 times!" Odd. I was sure he would have gone for the emotionally supportive one...
Every now and then we talk to the kids about strangers and what to do if someone tries to hurt them. But mostly we stress the importance of telling Mom and Dad if anything ever did happen. During one of the conversations with Ethan I said, "you know...someone might say that if you told us that your dad or I would be angry or upset but do you think that would be true? " Ethan answered, "No. You'd be mad at them!" Good boy, "That's right, I'd be very angry with them. " And before I could go on, Ethan added, "and they wouldn't be able to get dessert. Even if it is dessert day, they wouldn't get it." It gets to me sometimes how innocent their little minds are. It makes me happy to know that the biggest punishment someone could get would be missing out on dessert on dessert day. But it makes me worry about how to keep him safe in such a different type of world. I guess that is motherhood for you.
2 comments:
good you're still alive. perhaps you should pack up the elbow grease and just let the house look like its being lived in. maybe its too clean.
Great stories!! Cute kids! Keep up the good work cleaning so you can get to us quicker!
Post a Comment