Happy Thanksgiving from the Jones Family!
This is a Saturday morning self portrait of the gang. Who needs make-up or hair brushes when you have smiles like this?

And as our gift to you, here are three Thanksgiving tips you'll be amazed you've lived this long without.
How to make a Thanksgiving Turkey
Ethan
Get some turkey from the store. Bring it home. Put on pineapple, sugar, salt and pepper and cook it up in the oven for 10 minutes. Then eat it up. That's the goodest part. Don't eat the bones. You put them on your plate.
Austin
Go to the farm and get a dead turkey. Take the feathers off with your hands and skin off with scissors. Take it home and put it in a pan with apples and some yummy stuff like cheese. Put it in the oven with a glove so you don't burn your hands. Cook it for 10 minutes.
Alaina
Get a turkey at the store where it is already cooked. I would put it in the oven because I like it a little bit hotter. I would put butter, a little bit of lemonade spice and some more spices on it. Then I would eat it with my whole family.
Sadly, it is Alaina's cooking tip that reflects my cooking the most. But not this year. This year we aren't going to the store at all. Instead, we are going to a hotel buffet. That's right. I know ya'll are totally jealous. Deal with it. I think I'm going to have about 10 helpings of creme brulee. Before dinner.
And here are two of my monsters refining the art of the waltz. As Jimmy kindly critiqued, it isn't actually a waltz number playing in the background. Apparently it was a 3/4 beat instead of a 4/4 beat. But the kids didn't seem to care. It is a longish one so after a few seconds feel free to fast forward to the final bows.
One more Saturday family shot. We got a little more of Austin's head and a little less of Ethan's.

And to end on, here is Austin's movie-star smile. He has informed me that he is much too talented to be a TV star. No. He WILL be a movie-star. He already has the attitude down. As long as he buys his mama a new house on a beach...I guess it really doesn't matter what he does.
2 comments:
What am I thankful for? A fantastic blog that makes me smile if not break out into hysterical laugh...EVERYtime I read it! Love your beautiful family and beautiful smiles!!
A wonderful, and very creative family! I choose Alaina's turkey. Heat and serve.
Post a Comment