Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Arizona trip was SO much fun. Robert was absolutely amazing with taking on the role of single working dad for the week. He also got to be on-call in case anyone called to see the house. (no one called...so sad.)

I first met up with Noelle at the Montelucia Spa where her awesome Mom (who works there) got us this amazing suite for the day. The room opened up to the terrace next to the pool and had a wonderful view of the mountains. During the day we got treated to a manicure and fancy lunch (Also a treat from Noelle's Mom.) and hung out in the sauna, hot tub, steam room and this scary shower-like torture device that dropped freezing water on your head. I never had the guts to try it but I enjoyed watching Noelle and her friend Tara get drenched.

After the spa we went to Noelle & Kyle's home for a very tasty BBQ put on by Kyle's Mom & Grandma. That next morning we got our hair done, went over to beautiful Anthem golf resort and got pictures done. The wedding took place right at sunset. Noelle was gorgeous and the whole ceremony was perfect. But I think my favorite part was when Kyle and Noelle did the Tango for their first dance. It was very fancy and they performed it beautifully.

Here is the woman of the hour. Such a knock-out.
The cake.


The back of the dress.
Congratulations Noelle & Kyle! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of such a wonderful moment in your lives.

After the wedding I was able to spend a few days with Steph & Jim. It was so much fun being able to spend some time with the kiddies.


Bath time.


Steph and Yve.
Pretty girl!
The stare-down.


At the park.


Jim was able to come home right after work each day so that we were able to spend some good time together. The last night we were there I think we kept him up a little too long. Here he is assuming the position. (Rob's favorite place to sleep)
The last day I was there Lori drove down from Eager and met us at the park. She was able to bring her three youngest with her...yeah for me! Here is Oliver with Addison. She's got about six months on him but he's got a couple of inches over her.

Lori with sweet Andi.
Lori with Addison.
It's been about 4 years since we've seen each other. That's way too long.

And here I am with Charlie, Addison and Andi. I could just keep these three little ones. (I asked but Lori didn't let me.)

I guess after 5 days it was time to come back to reality. I should take a trip like that more often, though. I hope that we can come through Arizona again if we end up driving to Portland. That way the kids can get in on some of the fun as well.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful time. You were certainly missed at 'home'!

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim and Steph said...

well you did it! you beat me to updating my blog with recent pics of my kids. we have slowly gotten back to our life without christy. so whose comment did you delete?

Christy said...

nothing exciting...just a duplicate. I told mom to go look at your cute kids. :)

Anonymous said...

Miss you already! Tell Rob- THANK YOU!!!!!!! I'm so glad I got to have you here!