
After church we took a little walk/ride to enjoy our relatively nice weather. It was calm and peaceful until Ethan took a face-plant down our neighbor's steep cement driveway. Oooh, the poor child. The only way I was able to get the grim out of his arms and head was to put him in a bath and sponge him. He was in so much pain, he was shaking. Luckily nothing was broken and he was wearing a helmet (which took a beating, so thank goodness he was wearing it!) Robert thinks the initial hit knocked the helmet back and then the rebound hit skinned his forehead. After his bath we let the air get to his wounds.
I kept him busy all evening with a scintillating game of Monopoly (why me?!) but when it came time for bed, we had a problem.
No matter how he tried to lay down, some part of his raw skin was hitting the bed and hurting him.
Isn't he pathetic? Poor sweetie. So, I used some gauze and taped it on with band aids (tape would have worked better, if I had known where it was.) Still, we weren't able to put his arms down without a lot of pain.
Until, of course, I came up with my brilliant plan of having a reverent sleeping boy. That seemed to work and cheer him up a little. A few minutes later and he was fast asleep. I just hope he feels better tomorrow morning for his first field trip.
What do you think would look worse? Giant gauze strips taped to his body or the bloody, scabby bruises?
4 comments:
Poor Ethan!!! Go with the gauze strips for the field trip. It will protect him and get him a little compassion from his friends. Then when he gets home, you can take them off. It hurts to think about all his "owies."
Aghhh! Poor kid....he's got some serious driveway rash...I hope he still has fun on his field trip!
ouch! Poor guy. Hope he heals quickly.
The bloody, scabby bruises gets my vote. Love, Mom
Post a Comment