Aren't they cute?





They all moved so quickly that it was hard for my little camera to focus on them.They also had barrel races, calf roping and a parade of the cowgirl princesses from around the county.

Oh. And did I mention the kid's favorite part? The rodeo clown. (They kept calling him the 'radio clown') At one point he dressed up in this ridiculous costume and the kids couldn't stop laughing. He even managed to do a funky dance and ride a horse wearing it.

We all had so much fun. I think we'll have to go back next year. Both Alaina and Ethan decided that they have to be a cowboy and a cowgirl when they grown up. Alaina's hat has become a new must for most outdoor activities and Ethan declared that his new cowboy belt was going to be an 'everyday belt!' True to his declaration, he has worn his belt everyday. He's also always making sure that his shirt is tucked in so it doesn't cover the cool shiny buckle. Austin, however, had no desire to join the cowboy craze. He said he'd rather stick to being a lego-engineer. He did, amazingly enough, manage to stay awake for the entire rodeo, which was quite the feat for my sleeper. He even made it for five minutes into the car ride home. Unfortunately, we live 7 minutes away and so he was sound asleep before we got home.
4 comments:
Looks like a VERY fun day! Love the "cowboy" outfits.
too cute! i was thinking of austin the other week when we watched the firework show in provo and how he fell asleep through the entire show. glad that you are enjoying the wild west.
How fun! My dad took us to rodeos in Colorado all the time growing up. I have good memories of them. I bet the kiddos had a blast.
Glad to see the horses weren't on a chain gang! I have yet to take my city slicker family to a rodeo...but i'm bringing to visit my family in WY this summer I predict a rodeo in our future too!
Post a Comment