Thursday, October 06, 2011

This is a little blog dedicated to Austin. Again.

First, here is his rendition of recreational coloring.
No rainbows. No house. No family holding hands. A loading signal. For a child that is only ever allowed to use the computer to write on his blog...he always has computers on his mind.

A week before school started, Robert gave the boys a couple of short, short haircuts. This is really his time/money saving idea passively aimed at me. Robert figures that if he can cut the boy's hair short enough, it will be a good amount of time before I threaten to actually take them to a super-cut again. Anyways, Austin was ready. Then a few days later, I look over and notice that a big chunk of what was left of his hair, was missing. It didn't take much pressure to get Laina to confess as the impromptu stylist. Apparently, the idea was to cut a 'bolt' image into the side of Austin's head so he could be a little more like Bolt. They were both pretty proud of the attempt and only felt bad about it after we mentioned that now we had to cut Austin's hair even shorter before school started.


While getting the kids bags ready for school, I asked Austin if he wanted me to get him a water bottle in case he got thirsty. In a surprisingly adult tone he replied, "No thanks. You know, I used to be a drinking man. But now? Not really so much anymore." Well, I'm glad that phase of his life is already behind him. (and in elementary school, even.)

1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

Priceless! Just don't let Austin try to cut Alaina's hair!