Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We wish we were with ALL of you this Thanksgiving holiday! Since we can't be, we are enjoying a relatively quiet day by ourselves. One of the few benefits of having a quiet family day is that it gives you a little more time to reflect on what you are really grateful for in your life.

I am thankful for my two beautiful Moms and my two awesome Dads. I'm thankful that I have family who are friends and friends who are like family. I'm thankful that after 14 years, Robert has consistently been my truest friend and the great love of my life. I'm thankful to my gorgeous, amazing kids who keep my heart light and my soul full. I'm thankful to my little kicker joining us at the most unexpected time in our lives.

And just one of the many, many, small, extra things things that make me smile everyday would be the love-notes that the kids leave for me and each other. Once, when I told the kids that I needed to take a nap, they quietly got together and made me this card along with a VERY large glass of chocolate milk. (They know me well.)
Another time I wasn't feeling too well (I've definitely had more of those kind of days than I did with the twins) they made me this tie-die card. (This was done under a bit too much direction from Master Ethan, but it was very sweet, nonetheless.
Austin stuck this little scrap of paper on the fridge one day and I got a kick out of its randomness. I also spent the remainder of the day slightly nervous.
Alaina is the queen of leaving random sweet notes in places where I'll find them. When they took off skiing yesterday, I woke up and found this outside my door, on the floor.
This note was actually written for Miss Sara last summer. I thought it was so funny that I left it on the fridge forever. Sadly, I managed to misplace it before it got sent off (bad friend) but I did take a picture of it first. :)
I've also found random notes that she has left for her brothers. I didn't keep them, but I kind of wish I did. They say things like "Let's forget about our argument." Or "I'm sorry I yelled." I don't know if she ever gave those to them or was just writing her feelings down.

Of all her little notes, however, this last one is my absolute favorite. It is just written on part of a post-it note, but I love it!
I am the Beast! So are you!

Happy Thanksgiving.


Here are a few pictures of our Safeway bought meal. (It doesn't get any easier than that!)

It was just the right amount of food...you can see how full these guys are.
But not too full for a nice picture with Daddy...

Or me. I sure do love these kids! We got all 4 of them in this picture. :)

No comments: