Monday, February 11, 2013

I just realized how blog-lazy I have been since Christmas.  Tsk tsk.   Ah well.  I'll try to make up with it by over-posting.  You know.  Posting too many pictures.  Writing too many boring details.  (at 7 o'clock I woke up.  At 7:15 I ate a yummy breakfast of cheerios.)  Over sharing.  Isn't that what people call the whole Facebook movement?  Well.  I'm planning on being the best of the best when it comes to 'Too much information!"

Let's start with Jason.  Man.  I'm in love with this child.  He is so easy.  So sweet.  So beautiful.  If I could, I'd have 5 more just like him.  Well, maybe not 5...maybe just two.  But still.  Seriously.  He's got me wrapped around those chubby fingers.

This last month he has gone from, what I like to call, his Hallelujah walk (hands straight up) to his zombie walk (self-explanatory, isn't?) to his speedy, caution to the wind charge mixed with a healthy dose of 180 heel turns holding numerous objects.   It's impressive.  Here is a video of one of his earlier works.

Jason has been slowly learning new signs and consisting using others. His best one to date is 'done.' He will even use it in response to me asking him verbally if he has finished. He is starting to mimic some signs like Mama or Dada by pointing to his head. He will use 'book' and 'more.' It is a slow road to communication but definitely one worth taking. He seems to be able to hear well enough to understand speech with his hearing aids and so I'm hoping that he'll be able to eventually use speech as his main manner of communication. Until then, we'll keep supplementing him with sign.

Jason's personality has certainly blossomed this last month as well. He is a focused, determined child who is hard to distract when he has something on his mind. He is still very quiet and seems to enjoy watching (or studying) other people and kids before he interacts with them. When we walk by adults, he will stop and stare at them until he has satisfied his curiosity and then he moves on. His single-mindedness and observation skills remind me of a little Lainy. However, where Alaina was fearless, Jason has started to become quite the Mama's boy. The only real downside of that is shyness. The upside is a whole lot of hugs and kisses. (Those are still the open mouth with spit and teeth, but I'll take them any day of the week.)

 The other day I came around the corner and saw this. Just what do you think he's doing?

 Eating an apple, naturally.

And here is our little love getting into stuff.  But how could you ever be mad at a face like that?


And, because I have three other children, I've decided to share a little silly conversation between myself and one of them.

Alaina and I were getting ready for church and both looking in the mirror.  Alaina was eyeing herself rather closely, arching her eyebrows and scrunching down her forehead over and over.  The effect seemed to please her and she happily exclaimed, "Yeah!  My Daddy-lines are finally coming in!"  I assumed she meant the squiggly lines on her forehead, but before I could respond she sighed and said, "Oh no.  Those are just my happy-lines."  (That's what I told her wrinkles are called.)

So sad.  Just happy lines.

I don't know if I've ever documented this, but another word that she has somehow mixed up is nipples.  She calls them 'nibbles' which leads to some very interesting and funny conversations.  I've told her the correct way to say it, but it is like the word pasgetti instead of spaghetti.  Once you learn it one way, it is awfully hard to change back.

No comments: