Thursday, April 04, 2013

I've been neglecting this poor blog all month and now I need to play a little catch-up.  First thing is first.  While Robert and I took our fun anniversary trip, Mom and Dad held down the fort here at home.  Here are a few of their pictures they took.

One special evening that Laina was really looking forward to was the school's Daddy/Daughter dance. She was so excited when she found out that Grandpa was going to be able to take her.  She told us that she had the most wonderful time at the dance.  Look how they even coordinate.  Pretty fancy.



They did an excellent job of being surrogate parents.  In fact, I'm not sure the kids even noticed we were gone.

They went to the park


To the school functions.





They put Jason on time out.  (Just kidding...Jason didn't love the toys as much as being inside the toy box.


They made school projects with the kids.


They read Fablehaven.


And made sure the rascals did all of their chores (I swear she never looks that happy when I make her take the garbages out!)


In fact.  Now that I've put this all down to paper.  It looks like Mom and Dad had it all under control.  Since I never seem to be all put together, I'm thinking they should move in and run things for a while.  Great idea?  

1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

Yes, we had a great time with the kids. Tom loved going to the dance with Alaina. You have an absolutely awesome family!