Saturday, July 06, 2013

Baby Joseph


I am falling behind with my posts so I decided to do this one with more pictures and less chit chat.  

Here is my gorgeous little daughter on one of her last days of school.  Isn't she cute?

She's a big girl now that she's going into 4th grade, but I hope she never stops letting me play with her hair.  It's too much fun.

For Memorial Day weekend, we took the family down to L.A. to visit with the Spencers.  Lora, one day away from her due date, thought it would be a fantastic idea to take everyone to the beach for the day.  I thought it sounded like a lot of work and opted to stay with Jason at the house so that he could get a good nap after that drive.

Robert took the kids, but not the suntan loation, however.  They had a blast until they all came back different shades of red.





Ethan turned into a shade of red that I don't think I've ever seen before.   Here he is before he knew just how much he was going to pay for that fair skin.



Since Lora's baby didn't care to come on his due-date, Lora thought it would be a brilliant idea to go to a major theme park to hurry him on.  All I know is that you don't argue with crazy pregnant ladies.  So off we went to Knotts Berry Farm.  

Here is Jason on his very first amusement ride.  He was rather concerned but soon enough he got into the spirit of it.



Here we are on a swinging boat ride.  Lora was determined to go on the ride, despite the teenage-ride worker's rather weak protests, until she realized that the bar couldn't click because of her gigantic belly. Ha.  I did mention 'crazy pregnant lady' right?  


This little ride is called the Huff and Puff.  I thought it would be too big for Jason since it requires the children to do all the work, pushing the bar back and forth to make the cars go.  However, Jason soon got the drift, and when he didn't go fast enough, the other kids bumper-car-ed him along.  They all loved it so much they did it two time in a row.  


And then we sat around and waited.    

We waited and waited and waited.

But still no baby.  We did have one hospital run with false labor and many nights of stop and go labor....but no actual baby.


Jason turned to drinking.

And drinking....

Until it became a very obvious problem.

To save Jason from his vices and disappointment, we packed up and went home.

Two days later, after Mom and Dad arrived, baby Joseph showed his very cute little face.  I'm also told he came with carrot red hair.  Well, I just might forgive him for not arriving on time, since I'm partial to red-heads.

Naomi, Joseph & Porter

No comments: