My kids ROCK! I'm sure everyone says that about their kids, but mine really do take the cake. The Birthday Cake!
A week before my Birthday, Ethan asked me what I wanted for my big day. I told him that the best thing that I could get (besides healthy, happy kids) would be a really great card. Homemade.
Well, Ethan immediately locked himself into the guest/craft room and demanded that I stay out. He spent every evening in that room, working his magic. Every night when we forced him out, he would tell me how awesome his card for me was coming, and that on top of that, he was making me separate gifts. After a couple of days of these reports, Alaina decided that she better get in on the card/present making deal so she wouldn't be left out. Austin...well, Austin was in there in spirit. :)
Robert was on a trip that week, but came back the Saturday night before my Birthday, so he was able to cook me a very fine cake the next day. Don't the kids look worried about me? I think they thought I wouldn't be able to blow all those candles out.
Then came the gifts! Look how lucky I got.
That giant poster was Ethan's card. It had pinwheels, oversized diamonds, glitter, glow-in-the-dark paint and lego men all stuck on it. He knows me well. Alaina's was also done in glow in the dark paint with lots of glitter as well. In my humble opinion, there can never be too much glitter. :) She also made me that little popsicle stand (the one made out of popsicle sticks :) Along with the card and stand she gave me a little poem that read:
You are the best
In all the West! (and the South, East and North too!)
You the best cook
In all the book!
Your very pretty,
and yet very Giddy.
Alaina
Truth be told, I did feel rather Giddy after I read that poem.
While the cake was cooking, Austin got a little nervous that he didn't have anything done, so Rob helped him out with a giant Chinese star. Who doesn't need one of those, I ask?
Ethan then unveiled his many presents that he made for me. A pinwheel stick that worked quite well when held under the fan.
A special ramp with the word MOS spelled under it. It was suppose to be MOM but we ran out of 'M's.
And a special, bejeweled hoop. Again. Needed.
Let's not forget these two special boys. It was wonderful to get Robert home again, and Jason is just the frosting on my cake. Look at that smile! Look at that crazy hair!
And to top it all off, I got a bunch of sweet hugs.
I'm thinking that 39 is going to be a pretty wonderful year.









1 comment:
Quite a special birthday! Christy, you are one lucky gal.
Post a Comment