I was just about to go to bed (and really, maybe I should have...) when I came across this picture of the twins. This was a February moment that I forgot to put down. For some reason, this pictures made me stop in my tracks when I saw it.
There is nothing really special about it. I mean, it's cute of them and all, but they are always looking pretty darn cute. No, for some reason, I just couldn't stop thinking of another picture of my twinnies.
This picture, to be exact. This has always been one of my all-time favorite pictures of these two kids.
Something about it just makes me smile, every time I look at it. Maybe it's the protective way Austin has his arm around her shoulder. Maybe it just how little Alaina looks next to that big ol' twin of hers.
Whatever it is, nothing much has seemed to change in the last 8 years. They both just love each other just as much. They take turns protecting each other against different types of obstacles, but they always seem to make it through... together. They still have their own little conversation going...the one they started as soon as they could talk. None of us outsiders, (Me, Rob, Ethan) can ever seem to really 'get' what they are talking about...their stories never have a beginning or to Ethan's eternal chagrin, an ending. Often they communicate without talking at all. (Alaina has stated before that she can understand Austin when he is screaming in pain from some mishap or another...and honestly, I have seen this in action. I hear "Whaaa!!! Ah! Oooooo! Huh! Ahh!" and she says, "What? You bumped your leg on the back of the chair and then you fell over? Oh...that must have hurt!!" Being a twin must be an amazing thing. At least, these two have always had a special kind of relationship and I hope they never loose it.
I love these two little loves like crazy! What would we do without our twinnies?!!
Just imagine, in another 8 years, I'll be posting their graduation pictures...


No comments:
Post a Comment