Christmas Eve came and the weather man promised that, although there was no snow to be seen, we would be having a major snowfall late that night. It was decided that we'd stay and experience our first white Christmas. That morning Alaina and Mom made some orange rolls together.
There is something about orange rolls that makes me think of almost every Christmas I've ever had. Some of my earliest memories include grating the orange rind off of oranges, working in the kitchen (or watching) with Mom covered in flour. The whole process of cutting the roll and twisting each section is very comforting and peaceful for me. Of course, the very best part would be taking bite after bite of warm, just-out-of-the-oven, soft, sticky, sweet rolls. It warmed my heart watching Mom and Alaina make those rolls together this time. I know they are just cooking, but I had to take a bunch of pictures. It just seemed too sweet a moment not to capture on film.
I think this was my favorite picture...
Later that evening we took a drive with Dad over to the new Payson Temple that they are building. It is almost complete and very pretty. That evening brought pretty spectacular sunset as well.
After we got home, the kids did their very best to stay away all night, so they could catch Santa. They looked cute in their Christmas pajamas and the big kids got Jason pretty excited about the whole experience. Ethan came up every 15 minutes to tell us who was still awake and who was asleep. (Ethan got to be a Santa's Helper this year, since he has declared himself to be an unbeliever. He was pretty excited to be the giver of Christmas spirit.)
Even by midnight, there wasn't a snowflake in the sky...









1 comment:
I also love the orange rolls. Especially when someone makes them for me!
Post a Comment