Wednesday, November 18, 2015

On Halloween we took the family to the Boulder Train which was all decked out for the season.  The kids who dressed up got to go on thee train for free, so we took advantage.  I didn't want to go all out on the little boy's costumes until that evening, so I just grabbed whatever we had in the closet.  The weather was beautiful and the kids were excited to check out all of the different cars. 



I know that I have about one million pictures of Robert and Emmett in this exact same pose.  I just can never seem to get ride of them.  I love both of those smiles so much!








Jason and Emmett were hiding in the gross, dirty space between the seats so that they could reach out and scare people.  Classic.



After our train ride, we went to look at the museum.  Jason loved that he looked just like these other two pirates.


Here he is, showing us just how grown up he is these days.


The sleeper car.



Laina, photo bomber.


Silly, I know, but I love this picture.  





This would be our view of Robert for nearly the entire trip.  Those boys can't get enough of him and since he has been travelling so much lately, they've gotten a little possessive.   He complains, but I don't think he really minds so much.  How bad could it be to be the absolute center of those two little boys' lives?


We loved spending such a great day with Mom and Dad at the train station.  If you asked all of us who went, I'm sure we could each come up with a whole bunch of reasons why it was such a fun afternoon.  However, if you were to ask Robert, I'm am absolutely positive that he would tell you that it was buying the pumpkins there.  Right of the train was a man with a big box of pumpkins and he was selling each one of them for just one dollar!  The size didn't matter.  Robert couldn't stop himself from buying 10 of them.  I can't fault him for it...$10 is half of what just one of those pumpkins would have cost at our pumpkin farm.  Not a bad way to get our jack-o-lanterns.  

Here they are, carving them up.



And the final products.



1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

LOVED the train ride! (And the carved pumpkins!)