Thanksgiving was awesome. Loads of fun. Craig & his family, Russ & his family, Scott & his family, Jim & his family, cousin Lara and her family plus Bella were all there for the big day. I love being surrounded by my fantastic brothers and their families. This visit, I have to admit, my mind was wondering, and I never got around to taking pictures of all the fun times we were having. Dinner was delicious and we had to fit people on three different tables. The kitchen table, a foldout in the living room and the downstairs table. Between the cooking/the cleaning/the chasing after little toddlers...there wasn't a lot of time to take the pictures that should have been taken (I don't think anyone did it!) I'll just have to be happy with the memory on this one.
After we ate, we got together and had a mini-home night-talent night moment. A bunch of the grand kids got up and played various instruments. Matthew on the piano, Yve on the clarinet etc. Then my silly brothers got up and played the same songs they played every single home night we had growing up. Craig played the pink panther. Russ played hill street blues. Scotty played one of the Chicago songs. They made me get up and demonstrate the same one-handed, twenty-note versions of the entertainer that I know. Still pretty sad. Ha! What a bunch of silly boys! Mostly we just caught up and enjoyed each other's company. I have to say that, that is a pretty successful Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment