In January we had a bunch of random phone snapshots that I thought were cute.
Alaina posing. She's just too cute not to document
Here is my very talented Artist Austin. He was inspired by the things he loves.
Legos.
and wolves. :)
Robert had 'assumed the position' and fallen asleep in the couch. Emmett climbed up and pretended to be asleep just like his daddy.
Not super convincing.
Another one of my residence artists, Alaina, made this very sweet, very symbolic Egyptian get well card for me. I loved it.
A very sad thing happened in January. My baby boy got his very first haircut. It did not make me happy to see his curls fall to the ground.
For a clean up, Robert used that massive dust-buster.
Look how grown up it made him look!
Jason got himself a new hair cut as well. Notice there are no curls left on that child!
The other day Jason and I watched Disney's Tangled together. At the beginning of Tangled, when Mother Gothel kidnapped baby Rapunzel, Jason ran up on to my lap and said,"That's not nice! That lady takes the baby! She needs to say, "Excuse me." That is not not not nice to take a baby!" Besides being extremely cute, this was the first time Jason has ever shown me that he understands things as complicated as this family dynamic. He was able to connect the grown up Rapunzel with the stolen baby as soon as he saw Mother Gothem with her later in the movie. It's a silly thing to write about, I guess, but it just reminds me how these little babies of mine insist on maturing and growing up. I love it and hate it at the same time.
Another evening, when I was putting Jason to bed, he was having a hard time wanting to go to bed and kept getting up. I finally snapped at him to lay back down and he instantly started bawling. I stayed tough for a couple of minutes but he cried so pathetically that I couldn't stop myself from trying to comfort him. Through the tears he sputtered, 'Mama. You break my heart. You break my heart!' Ah man. Knife through the heart.
Silly.
We got a quick visit from my very good friend Lori. It is strange to think that we met each other at the same age that Ethan is right now.
I was still healing from my recent gall-bladder removal/pancreatitis incident, and so we just hung out and chatted the day away. It's crazy how many different things we experienced together.
Another sweet daddy/baby moment.
And....more pictures of Emmett. This kid just melts my heart with his cuteness. Covered with spaghetti, or not, I think I just might keep him.

















1 comment:
Interesting.....Robert's always sleeping!
Post a Comment