Sunday, April 02, 2017

Look who turned 14!!!!

My wonderful, smart, talented, beautiful boy went ahead and turned 14.  The strange thing is...he actually looks 14.  He definitely acts 14.  I'm starting to think that it's a real thing.  For his birthday he asked for Chili again.  (with only a few references to the jalapeño debacle of 2016)  He loves towering over both me and the twins.  He is anxious to get as tall as Robert...we'll see if that happens or not.  He still has the same maniac smile that he was born with and fancy red hair that makes all the ladies fall in love.  I'm excited (and nervous) to see how he changes and grows in this next year.

Yup...


I sure do love this Wild...


and Crazy Guy!


Ethan was very excited about the presents all day.

He got tools from dad.


A cool basketball from the twins.


And I gave him this atrocity.  A month ago he saw this disaster at a garage sale and begged me for it.  I expressed my disgust of the nasty, smelly thing and refused to buy it.  He continued to beg for another 10 minutes and I secretly bought it and wrapped it up for his birthday.  Look how happy he is.  What a goof!  I also got him some basketball clothes that were expensive, but apparently not as big as a hit as the one dollar wonder.


Here is the CAKE.   Ethan specifically asked for a brownie ice-cream cake for this one.  (The marshmallows and sprinkles were a bonus. ) 


The crew.




And here he is next to me.  Neither one of us are wearing shoes.  That is really how tall he is.  I don't love being the little Mama.  Sometimes it feels a little strange when I parent this big guy, but I quickly put away those nagging feelings, stamp my foot, and insist that I'm still the boss.  Who knows how much longer he'll take me seriously.  I can still get the Mom look and voice out, so I'm hoping at least a couple more years.  Isn't he just the most handsome kid?  (besides my other three boys. :)


Happy Birthday, Son!  I LOVE YOU!



1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!!! You are soooo tall!