Sunday, April 21, 2019

Here are a few fun quotes from the little boys from December.  Well, this group is mostly Emmett, because this guy is nothing if not entertaining.




The twins had already got up and gone to Seminary, so I had settled back into bed to wait another hour until the little boys usually get up.  I had already fallen asleep when Emmett bust through the door.

He didn't come in, he just stood there in the doorway and yelled, "Mom.  I have to go Potty and it's insane!" 

I'm clever in the morning,  I responded with a articulate... "whaaa?"

He was patient with me, and repeated everything.  "I have to go potty and it's insane, I said."  

Me - "oh.  Oh.  Okay.  I can help?"

My eyes are now starting to adjust and I see he's waddling because his pants are already down.  I jump up and help him t the bathroom - in time.

He adds commentary while doin' the dirty deed.  "It hurts and it burns.  It's diarrhea.  I hate diarrhea?"

And then, more thoughtful, he says, "or maybe it's condensation."  

I'm confused.  "What?"

He thinks for a minute. "Condi...what is the opposite of diarrhea?"  

Me.  I know this one.  "Constipation?"

He's relieved.  "Yes.  Constipation.  Maybe it is constipation."

I'm glad he clarified, because 'condensation' sounds just awful!




See this freaky doll?



I woke up one morning, and Jason had slipped it onto Rob's pillow to keep me company.  It made me jump when I opened my eyes.  Seriously....I jumped.  Sweet Jason is always trying to slip his stuffed animals next to me so I can sleep with them.  I've started to request the bears so that this never happens again.



While bringing Emmett home from pre-school, he started singing a primary song.  He sang the words, "Search, ponder and pray, are the things that I must do..."

Then he  asked, "what does 'ponder' mean?"

I replied, "To really, really think a lot about something."

He smiled.   "Oh.  I search and ponder something a lot.  I search, ponder and buy something!"

I'm curious.  "You do?  What?"

Emmett answers enthusiastically, "Cheetos!  I've been pondering about Cheetos a whole lot, AND..."  I turn to pass Krogers grocery store, "I'm pondering that we can go right there to the store and BUY Cheetos right now!!"

Not sure that's what the song means, but his logic is pretty sound...


Here is a picture I snuck of Robert at church.  What a nerd!  He made me laugh to see ALL those pens in his pocket.



Like Father, like Son.  





I played a game of Chess with Emmett and he wanted to play again.  I declined, so he said, "Let's play again.  I'll try and let you win this time."



One night I had to laugh at both of the little boys prayers.  

Here is a line from  Emmett's:

"Please bless that all the animals can have really cool dreams and that we can have really great ones."

And Jason's:

"Please bless love and please bless blessings."




Here is another awkward conversation I had with Emmett.

Em- Mom.  How do babies get into your belly?
Me - Well, when a Mom and Dad get married, they are able to have babies.
Em -- But how did they get in your belly's
Me - They, well, they.  Hmmm.  Well.  Ethan, for instance, didn't come from my belly.  A girl had a baby she couldn't take care of so, we took care of Ethan for her.  (Ethan has already instroduced Emmett to the idea that he was adopted...in great detail, in fact.)
Em - Oh.  Well, How did the babies get into your belly?
Man this kid is soooo determined.
Me - Well Dad gives a little DNA and mom gives a little DNA and when that is put together, a little baby is formed.
EM - Well, how did Dad's DNA get inside of your belly?
Me - Well, with Austin and Alaina I had to go to a doctor and they took Dad's DNA and put it into my belly.
Em - How did they put it into your belly?
Me - Well, they just put it in,
Em - How?
Gah!  Help!  Why won't this kid drop ANYTHING?
Me - With a needle.
Em  (horrified!) - They PUT A NEEDLE INTO YOUR BELLY!!!  
Me - Well, no.  Hmmm.  You know how when you eat, your food goes from your belly to your small intestine and out the bum hole?
Em - yes
Me - And when you drink, the liquid your body doesn't need goes through your body to the penis?
Em - Yes.  
Me - Well, when you are a girl, you have another hole.
Em - (he says this nonchalantly)  - I know.  The baby tunnel.
The baby tunnel?  Who told the kid that?
Me - Oh. Okay.  The baby tunnel.  So the doctor put the DNA into the baby tunnel with a tube that looks like a needle, but not sharp.  Just a tube.
Em - Oh.  Then what?
Me - Well, the the DNA goes up through the fallopian tubes to the ovaries.
Em - (he's astonished.) You have fallopian tubes!?
Me - Um.  Yes.  I do.  All girls do.
Em - Wow.  Well, how do they get the DNA from dad?
Me - Well, he just gives it to him.
EM - But how do they get it?
Me - Well.  All cells...Um.  All cells have DNA, you know.  I mean...
Em - (Impatient now.)  How do they get the DNA from dad to give to you?
Me - What?  Did you hear that?  Uh.  Was that my phone?  Um. I'm going to go check.



The little boys had Christmas parties.  Here are some pictures from them:






I took the big kids to see 'The Piano Guys."  We had such a fun time watching them.  The kids saw a few of their friends there at the same time.  It was a lot of fun.





1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

The Piano Guys are AWESOME! So glad you were able to attend their concert.