Sunday, May 15, 2022

Bits and Pieces of August.

Here are a few pics and a few gems from the boys.


Here is a sweet picture of Emmett on my lap at church.

While he was there, falling asleep, I looked at our two arms together, and even after a full summer in the sun, my little white boy and I are practically twinnies.  hahahaha

At dinner one night I told Emmett that he better eat all of his dinner.  "You're too skinny!" I said.

He replied, "Which helps me get through skinny places!"



Another time I was wrestling around with Emmett, and trying to tickle him.  He had skinned his knee the day before and suddenly he told me to stop.  "Agh!" he said, "That makes me do intense movements and it hurts my knee!"

Intense movements.  What a silly kid.

Jason and Emmett have been taking swimming lessons this year, but they still aren't super confident swimmers.  The boys went to a swim party, and I was trying to be extra vigilant because I was worried that they would feel like they were more capable than they were.  At one point a bunch of the older boys went to the deep end to race from one side to the other.  I saw Jason get half way and then, suddenly, the there were too many boys next to him, and too much splashing.  Without making any fuss, he just started to sink under.  I immediately jumped in, clothes and all, and pulled him back out.  After a little bit of sputtering, Jason looked up at me and said,  "It's comforting knowing that you are always looking over me."  Sweetie.

Here are the boys getting into the car for church.  Such a funny bunch.

This silly girl loves to come on my bed and chat.  I love it.

In fact, all of them love to come hang out on my bed.   One morning, after waking me up and wiggling around for about an hour, I was good an awake.  Smiling, Emmett says, "Mommy.  You are officially queen of the bed."


Jason drew me a picture, and this was what it looked like:


I may or may not have been buying too many things on Amazon.

We decided that it was time to get these shaggy little boys ready for school, with a back-to-school haircut.

Here is the before:



And the After.



 

No comments: