not be all over each other. Ethan will stop me at least twice a day, stare me straight in the eyes and with a voice strained with excitement, exclaim, “We are in our NEW (pause while taking deep breath) HOUSE!” It certainly beats him crying and asking to go back to his “real” home. The twins are just happy to have found new cupboard space to explore.
Here is a picture of Ethan and Alaina having a moment at dinner time. That girl is so spoiled with attention, it isn't even funny.
It will be even nicer when we have heat (such a nightmare…but it is coming next week) and when, or should I say, if, our movers ever decide to bring us our stuff. (another nightmare…one I have quite happily chosen to ignore and let Robert deal with.) But despite those two minor details, we are loving it here. The day we were unloading our car we had 3 neighbors come by and introduce themselves. Wow. What happened to the good ol’ fashion rudeness we have gotten used to up North? One could pin it on Southern Hospitality, but none of these people were from the South. There is one neighbor with a girl one year older than Ethan and a girl the same age as the twins. And another with a 5 year old boy and a 2 ½ year old boy. Our kids are ecstatic.
We have been sleeping in the living room this last week. For one, our bedroom is too cold. And secondly, it is nice to be close to the kids. Ethan has been sleeping great, but the twins have been waking up several times a night. Mostly due to the terrible colds they’ve all had, but a couple time they have just been disoriented. A couple of nights ago I woke up to Austin screaming his head off. I ran in to help him and already checking for a fever before I realized what he was screaming. “CANDY! CANDY! CAAAANNNNNDDDYYY” he cried. He was still halfway asleep, moving around fitfully as he sobbed. “What? You want candy?” I asked. “Yeahhheeesssss..” he moaned. At that moment, Alaina popped up to sitting position, and from a dead sleep, looked over to me and clearly asked, “Candy?” “No…no candy.” I replied incredulously. I couldn’t believe we were all having this conversation at 3 in the morning. After I explained to Alaina that there was no chance of having any candy that night, she shrugged, laid back down and fell asleep. Austin needed some major consoling and rocking before he relaxed and went back to sleep. It was a very sad moment for him. What do you think he was dreaming about? Christmas? I hope all visions of sugar plums aren’t this realistic…our traumatic.
I found a dvd of old Betty Boop cartoons for the kids to watch a few days ago. Yesterday, after Robert came home all of the kids came running up to us and started asking Robert to play the DVDs. Only the question came out, “Dada…we want boobies! Boobies! We want BOOBIES!” Robert had no idea what they were talking about, but he took it in stride. He reached down to Austin shoulders (the ring leader), squatted down to look at him man to man and said, “Don’t we all, son. Don’t we all.” It was very funny.

So who needs ballet classes when the party is goin' on at home? Ethan and Laina were gettin' down to some hard core children's music...I believe this one was a terrible remix of "the ants go marching." As you can see...clothes are optional and bringing your own costume is recommended. Ethan couldn't decide if he was dancing or playing the drums to the music. Alaina was cheering him on..."go ethan, go ethan...go! Go!"
Here are a couple of pictures of the kids on Thanksgiving Day. We were able to spend it with cousin Chad and Danielle's family. It was fun to see them again...but we forgot our camera, so no pics...sorry.

1 comment:
"Don't we all." Isn't that the truth. -Lora's friend kevin.
Lora: i dont get it personally. nothing special to me.
Kevin says he'll explain it to me when i'm older.:)
I didn't say that. Though I am sure she'll have someone explain later. wink wink marky boy. -Kevin.
Post a Comment