That would be my Ethan.

When I'm just out of the shower, in my sweats, no make-up on and with my hair still dripping - I'd have to say, I'm not exactly looking my best. However, Ethan looks at me like I'm a celebrity wearing a ballgown and says, "Mama! You look SO beautiful! Your hair is so PRETTY!" He really looks like he believes it, bless his little heart.
He gets so happy whenever we start a conversation with, "Guess what I got for you." His response is always an excited, high pitch, "Fo-or ME?" Even if it is cereal or fruit.
Today I came home from the grocery with the usual food and a new can opener. I know...exiting, right? Well, Ethan saw that and it looked like he won the lottery. "For ME?!" he exclaimed. "Sure, why not" was my lackluster response. Ethan ignored my "whatever" attitude and held his prize up to Robert and hollered out, "This is my BEST thing, EVER!"
If we could only bottle his enthusiasm...we'd be rich!
No comments:
Post a Comment