Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Austin is usually a morning person. Not so today. Today he is definite grouchy. From the moment he woke me up he has been whining. Moaning. Crying. You name it. I finally allow myself to be pushed out of bed and pulled into the bathroom. Austin apparently forgot how to use the potty by himself and needs reassurance that he is doing a good job. The whole process proves to be beyond the poor guy this morning and as his weepy voice informs me that he now needs me to pull up his pants for him. Yawning I crouch down to do the honors. As I turn him around, he gets a glimpse of himself in the mirror. Suddenly he pulls his shoulders back and pushes a matted curl back into place. A smiles slowly crosses his face and without moving his eyes away from his reflection he happily declares, "Mama! I am lookin' gooood!"

I have now vowed to sleep with a mirror hiding under my pillow, ready for the next time my vain, grumpy child dares to wake me up.

No comments: