Finally, after a three month hiatus, we have made it home. I don't think I can express how wonderful it is to have slept on my own bed, without little feet or elbows jamming into my back and ribcage. We are currently "mostly unpacked." Just a few more piles of clothes to put away and a few loads of laundry to take care of and we are good as gold. Today I got the kids to the eye doctor to fix the boys' glasses and the the pediatrician to find out what was going on with Austin. It turns out that the persistent coughing and excessive whininess was due to a sinus infection started when we all got sick about 6 weeks ago. (boy do I feel bad for yelling at him to shape up this whole vacation.) We even found some time yesterday to visit with our new neighbors, who have a 6 year old daughter and a 18 month old son. A nice change from our old neighbors with their two out-of-control hellions boys, (5 & 3.)
Anyways, we had such a wonderful time in California. It made me realize how great it would be if we were actually able to live next to both sets of grandparents, Rob's brother Jonathan and his family and my sister Gina and her family. I'd never have to make dinner again. ;) Being there for an extended amount of time made it possible to actually spend some time with everyone without having to always be rushing out. I even, gasp, saw a few friends. I know...crazy stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment