Sunday, September 30, 2007

I've been keeping a little log of funny things the kids have been saying, and I thought I'd post them.

Ethan

Every time he sees anyone he recognizes, (e.g. g-ma, g-pa, family etc) Ethan says in a very enthusiastic voice, "It is so good to see you!"

Ethan prayers are pretty funny. They start out normal and then they quickly turn into a running dialogue of the day. Here is the body of his latest prayers, "thank you for our food, that's why we have to eat a good lunch, and that's why we go shopping and get food, that's why we have food and then grandma and grandpa jones can go swimming in the pool and that's why Mocco can eat food , and that's why we go to school all by myself, that's why the twins don't go to school, and that's why we have a good day"

When Ethan says spaghetti it always comes out, "bisghetti"

Austin

Whenever I try to leave, Austin (mama's boy) gets worried and says, "I don't want to miss you, mama!"

When the kids had colds I made some chicken soup and told them that even the broth would make them feel better. After Austin finished eating his he said, "oh...I drank the juice, my feel-sick is going down!"

Austin is the one who wants to be held all the time. When I'm holding him, he'll often give me a little kiss on the neck or he'll hold my face with his hands & say, "I love you, mama!" Sweet.

Alaina

When Alaina wakes up she'll bound happily into my room and announce, "It's not night time...it's sunny day! (now all the kids say this.)

Laina cut her leg and a little blood got on her finger. she came running over to me saying, "look, I have a little fever on my finger."

Alaina was in the bath with Austin and started crying. When I asked what happened she said, "Austin hurt me. He put something on my bottom." "What did he put on your bottom?" I asked, a little confused. She angrily stated, "His foot!" So that's what they are calling a kick these days.

I put two different shoes on Laina to see which one would match better. She looked down and without saying anything, pulled one foot back to show off the front shoe with the outfit and then switched feet so I could see each shoe choice alone with her dress. And then she laughed and did a little dance. What a girl! (I've never shown her that and I rarely do it myself because every time I do, Rob's response is..."they both look good.")

All three kids

Whenever I tell the kids to do something that they agree with, they shout out, "that's a great idea mama!" However, if I'm telling them to do something they don't like, they look at me seriously and shake their heads while saying, "No. That is not a great idea, mama."

The Twins

When the twins spill something or fall down but aren't really hurt and I come running over to help them, they start this serious little monologue: "Don't worry, mama. I'm ok. Don't be sad. it's okay....it was an accident. " During their whole speech they will pat my hair and nod reassuringly.

No comments: