Today we went undies shopping. I know...not earth shattering news, but nonetheless, it was a feat that took a considerable amount of time and energy with three squirmy little monsters. After trudging through the aisles with each child carrying their own stash of underwear, and with me holding the rest of the odds and ends we picked up, we finally made it to checkout. 2 minutes later we had everyone in/on/hanging off the side of one of those humongous stroller/cart contraptions. Fancy foot work kept the children secure on the off-balanced cart and before we knew it we were packed in the car and seat belted in. 10 minutes later we were home, 45 minutes later the kiddies were in their rooms and asleep and 50 minutes later I realized that I had left one bag full of undies, tights and a movie in a humongous cart back at Target. Not my best moment.
I called the store and they, (surprise, surprise) hadn't seen it. They did tell me that since I had the receipt that they would replace all the things I lost, which in itself was pretty cool. So, I waited for the kiddies to wake up and packed them back in the car, ready to re-shop. When we walked into the store to the HR person she smiled and pulled out our bag of stuff. I am happy to announce that there are honest people left in this world. someone had found the bag and walked back into the store to return it without even taking off with the movie. Sad to say, but I was completely shocked. But...a little more optimistic.
1 comment:
What a trip! Thank goodness for honest people. I hope the undies were worth it.
Love you all
Grandma Jones
Post a Comment