We had Ethan's Birthday party today. It was fun...and exhausting. Robert woke me up early to start the cake which took forever but ending up working out. Ethan has been waiting impatiently for this day for a couple of months now and so you can imagine how excited he was. We filled up the house with 15 kids ages 8 months to 6 yrs old and 12 adults which was only slightly more chaotic than our normal routine. The twins were in heaven. Ethan had a few breakdown moments and a few times that he went back to his room to get away from all the activity but overall he did really well. He absolutely loved opening his presents. Every present got a VERY excited reaction with comments like, "I can't believe it! I've never seen this before. This is ssssssooooo cool! What is it?" It was fun to watch his enthusiasm. Here are some pics.
And here area few more of the cake.


4 comments:
man, your kids are spoiled- such fancy cakes. do you go to some special book or website for these cakes? they are so fabulous. perhaps one day i'll break away from my cupcakes. yve has already decided what kind of cake and cupcakes she wants- dark crystal; she's even designed them by telling me who and what go on what.
Wow! I am impressed! It looks like the party was a lot of fun!
Love the cake!! Now you'll never get away with just baking a normal cake. Looks like you had so much fun!
I love the cake, how did you do that? If I made something like that, I don't think that I would let my kids every touch it, let alone eat it!!
Post a Comment