Austin loves to sign "I LOVE YOU." If I'm in another room, he often just stick his arm into the room, signing "I love you" until I see him and say something. Today he came close to me and held up the "I love you" sign and smiled so sweet that I did the same to him, but I then grabbed his hand with mine. He laughed and said, "My heart wants to hug yours." (when he draws hearts he calls them, "I love you's" so they all mean the same thing to him. I couldn't think of anything clever to say back to him...being a little swept off my feet, so I just said the same thing back to him. "MY heart wants to hug you too, sweetie." After another sugar coated smile he pulled his hand back, still with the "I love you" sign and jumped up a few times. "Now my heart wants to go play." My heart still wanted to hold on for a few hours, but I decided to let his go and play anyway.
Ethan came in for a really sweet hug today. Not like him at all. He usually gets a running start and plows into you with enough force to give you whiplash. But today I wasn't feeling great so he came in and slowly wrapped his arms around me, leaned in and gave me a nice, long, sweet squeeze. Then he backed up and said, "I just gave you a fish hug." I guess he remembered when we were trying to teach him how to shake hands with a firm shake and not a 'wet fish' shake. I'm still not cool with the fishy handshake, but Fish hugs rock. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment