A change in plans...professional career plans, of course. I can't believe how wishy-washy my kids are with their future. It seems just last week that they had decided which way they were going. But yesterday they all pulled a 180.
Ethan. "Mama, I don't want to be a soldier anymore. I want to be a Daddy...just like daddy."
Alaina started her reply without a thought, "I want to be a butter..." And with one look at her idol Ethan, she could tell that the rules of the game were changed. It wasn't just what she wanted to be, anymore, it was the pressure of keeping up with Ethan. With just a second pause she redirected her sentence and finished with a distinctly resigned, monotonous conclusion, "...uh, I mean, I want to be like mama." I cringed just hearing how unenthusiastic she sounded. Austin, oblivious to the status race going on around him, pipped up with a cheerful, "I want to be a Chucky Cheeses when I grow up!" (not a worker there...the actual mouse.) He is one ambitious toddler.
3 comments:
Wouldn't it be nice if we actually knew at that age!!
I wonder what Aliana was going to say.
we keep telling yve she can be whatever she wants like a doctor or an astronaut, but she always says she just wants to be a mom, even though she can be that and more. so if you ask her what she wants to be she'll say a mom, but one that paints. so maybe you need to get alaina with yve so she can tell her that being a mom is a lot more fun than she thinks.
Post a Comment