Set in the kitchen. Laina (on a chair) and mama are making cookies.
Stage left, Austin comes in holding a broken pencil and walks over to the counter where he proceeds to sharpen it. When he is done he turns towards Laina, and holds it up to her.
Austin: I did this for you, Laina.
Alaina wordlessly steps down and hugs Austin in a vice-gripped hug for a long 1 minute hug. (which he returns...also without saying anything.) The two then step back, each griping both hands (and pencil) together and look deeply into each other's eyes.
Alaina states slowly & sincerely: Thank you, brother.
The hand clasping and eye staring continue for another slightly uncomfortable minute of silence (at least for the audience) until the moment has sufficiently run it's course. Austin then runs into the play room and returns with a precocious smile and fist full of pencils to sharpen.
End scene one.
Alright...you got me. I have never written a screen play before. But I swear this mini-scene could've won an Oscar. If it wasn't so sweet it would have been embarrassingly sappy. Or vice versa. Gotta love those twinnies!
And speaking of cheesy ...isn't this little poser just full of it?
And here are a few more silly things the kids have been saying:
After Alaina told on Ethan, he said, "Alaina is tettle-talling!"
We heard a sad little melody coming from the couch. Alaina was sprawled out, staring at the Christmas tree with the tree's dimmer switch in her had. As she was singing she was dimming the lights off and then back on again. Only by sneaking closer were we able to hear the song. singing a sad song, "If you're sad and you know it, *sigh* turn off the lights. *heavy pause* if you're sad and you know it, *sigh* turn back on the lights..." And so it goes... Apparently she was bummed out.
Another Alaina quotable quote came when she was looking for her sweat shirt. She called out, "I got my sweaty pants but I can't find my sweaty shirt."
6 comments:
I love the image of little Alaina on the couch, dimmer in hand. You must want to capture all of these moments. I love the new design- it's funny, I discovered her blog designs last night, and now I see so have you!
so festive. reading your little entries makes me miss those kiddies so much and think how much fun yve would have with them. so i tried created the friend list with the current updates but couldn't figure it, not to mention a fancy page. so can you help me or just do mine for me. our password is still the same and my user name is my email account. thanks
So cute! What brotherly devotion!
christy great pick for mom's blog. i love the background
Man, how many blogs am I behind?
who's the man with Noelle?
Post a Comment