Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm just getting the urge to let you know what the kiddies have been up to lately. Ethan has been taking a gymnastic class. Here he is. Notice anything odd? Go on...click on the picture to get a better look.
Yep. He is, in fact, the only boy in his class. Actually, he is the only boy in the entire huge gym at this hour. Doesn't he look bummed out about that fact? He loves this class. He loves the climbing, the balance beam, the trampoline and, obviously, the girls. He gets so excited that he is constantly hopping about between activities. In the bird's nest where all the parents watch the kids, a man leaned over and said, "Is that real hyper boy over there, yours?" Uh. Yeah. Thanks? The boy with the red hair? Not a fan of unbridled enthusiasm? Really, where do you go from that question? Seriously, though, I love watching him. He is more passionate about a somersault that I am about 80% of the things I do in my life. I need a little of what he's got.

And Austin. Man, is my boy lazy. I mean, seriously lazy. I remember being a teenager and knowing that if I left to use the bathroom just a few minutes before dinner was over, than I'd miss the worst of the clean-up jobs. With 6 other kids in arm's reach of mom, I knew the odds were that they'd get the main three chores for sure before I was even missed. Dishes, table & kitchen. Oh yeah, the odds were good. I always chalked my actions up to me being extremely clever and not lazy but we all know what it was. And apparently I passed on the gene. Austin will avoid all hints of clean-up by any means possible. Today I informed the twinnies that one would clean up while the other was in the bath and then vice versa. Austin jumped at the chance of taking the first bath and seemed to stay in there an awful long time. When I finally insisted he come out he stood up and asked, "Is all the cleaning done already?" and then imagine him using jazz fingers to emphasis the bold words as he continued, "Is it sparkling yet? I don't want to come out until it's sparkling!" Oh yeah. He came out. I happily informed him that I had saved a good amount of sparkling for him to do himself. Ha ha ha.
So, here is my boy with his alpha-castle. And that is him at the top of it. By himself. Really, it's a dream come true for him. Behold: The Alpha Male. (That's right...seriously clever.)And he's wearing his famous, "when I feel blue, I have to wear red." outfit. This is before the house was sparkling, naturally.

And Lainy. I really don't have anything to write about her except for...how cool is this hair-do? It lasted a whole of 5 minutes before she decided she was a turtle and rolled on the floor. Pill.

4 comments:

Doug and Cecile said...

I think I caught up with all the news on your blogs. Enjoyed it all, as usual. Love, mom

Danielle said...

We started gymnastics last week, too! Or at least Andrew did. There are 7 boys in his class and 7 girls. There is even a boy teacher, which he is way excited about!

Jim and Steph said...

where do you find the time to take ethan to gymnastics. i can't even fathom finding time in our day for an extracurricular activity. love the fancy hairdo.

amber {and co.} said...

I know I've said it before, but I lovelovelove reading about your kids! They are so funny! And you are a very entertaining writer :)