
We had a beach party for the kids in the backyard. We have a kiddie pool with a slide, we borrowed a second pool with a slide, we had a little baby pool and sprinkler set out. We originally had all the kids in sunglasses and leas but that only lasted a few minutes. We had six of the kids friends come over and they had a blast running around outside.
After about an hour we started grilling the hot dogs, chicken and hamburgers. I tried making a fruit salad in a watermelon bowl which was funny. The salad was delicious but the "handle" of the watermelon made taking it back out a little tricky. We had chips, dips, salsas, veggies, Hawaiian punch for the kids and apricot/pineapple/sprite drink for the adults. Yum.
We got trick candles for the kids which turned out to be pretty funny. By the end all of the kids were trying to blow it out. Before it was too covered in spit we put the candles out ourselves.
Here are the close-ups of the cakes. It was two layer with the bottom layer nearly stretching the length of the pan. The top layer I cooked on a slant so it sloped downward. I put a vanilla frosting between the two and on top of the second. On top of that I put a graham cracker crust on the top cake for sand and cover the end of the bottom cake and the rest of the pan with g-ma's 8 egg cake frosting. I put cool-whip on top of some of the ocean frosting to make it foamy. In the picture the palm tree is about to topple...but otherwise I was pretty pleased with it.

5 comments:
Well well miss Martha Stewart!! Looks like a blast!
Very clever cakes!!! It looks like everyone had a blast. Hard to believe the twinies are 5 already!
-Mom Jones
Your twins are only a couple weeks older than my Caleb. We should get them together sometime! Great job on the cakes, Miss Fancy Baker Lady. And the party looked like tons-o-fun. Kids and water, how can you go wrong with that combination?
How fun! I can just imagine all those kids running around laughing, and playing. The kids must have loved it! 5!! They are growing up! Hope you are having fun over in Japan right now- I want lots of updates when you get back. :)
Very cute and so great ideas....food, cake, drinks, and more! Noah turns 5 on the 24th he is having a shark birthday. These kids are just growing up to fast!
Post a Comment