Friday, January 15, 2010

TACKY DAY

Today was Tacky Day for the twinnies. They have been talking about this day for a couple weeks, making their plans and ideas together for the big day. Both kids had a very specific look in their clever little minds when they woke up. We started on Alaina who specifically insisted on over 12 ponytails. Everything had to be perfect for her. Two different shoes were tried on and discarded. Finally the girl announced that her outfit was perfection.



And my sweet Austin. He insisted on dressing himself without ANY help. And when he was ready, he bounced out of his room and declared, "LOOK at ME! I am sooooo TACKY!!!!"


Uh. Yeah. You're right. That is an outfit he would normally wear. Wait. No. Look down. Notice it now? My Wild and Crazy boy had different colored socks on AND different colored sandals. Wow. He is really livin' on the edge. You can see how proud of himself he was, though.
I offered to put on his swimming trunks over his pants to spice up the oufit a little but he thought that would detract from his tacky feet.


A couple of days ago Alaina and Austin were conspiring, tête-à-tête, over cereal. Making mischief, I was sure. I crept over closer in order to hear the sneakiness going on. (I am also relatively sneaky and wasn't noticed.) Alaina was in full swing into her plans and had Austin completely captivated. "OK. You are my BEST friend so I really want to marry you when I grow up. But we can't. That's ILLEGAL! (her new big word was very impressive) And so, since we can't get married, we are going to live right next to each other. I will buy a house and you will buy a house and we will be so close. Then we will marry other people and every time I will walk out of my house, you will walk out of your house and we will be together. All the time!" Austin, with eyes shining in adoration, just smiled and nodded. He couldn't have gotten a word in if he had wanted to but, in all fairness, he looked pretty comfortable having Laina make all the big decisions for his life.

4 comments:

Jim and Steph said...

what a priceless moment between the two twinnies. what a fun day for the kids. you could of told austin that even with two socks the same, he's feet would of still been tacky- socks with sandals is always tacky. what's the word the christmas. gives us ring-a-ling some time.

Mandy Jarvis said...

That's so sweet, actually Corbyn and Jillian want to marry each other...well Corbyn agreed to it after he found out I was already taken. Jillian wants to marry daddy first then Corbyn.

Cynthia said...

I love how you describe your kids' personalities so effectively. It makes me feel like I was there for their funny conversations. And then I giggle even more because they are just so hilarious!!

Doug and Cecile said...

Tacky is in. Mom