Friday, October 22, 2010

A few days ago I had a bit of a crazy day where it seemed that the old, cranky Fates were dead set on making me wish I never got out of bed. I took notes so that I could remind myself that most days are much better than this:

I took the kids to school in my PJ's and crazy hair. No one will see me, right? I got as far as the end of the driveway. My side windows were down b/c my front and back ones were frosted over. When I got to the road, neighbor Bob and his dog Pearly were standing right at my window, waiting patiently for me to back up so he could continue on his walk. It was a grin-and-bear mini conversation.

Drove around town an extra 20 min. because I had the right directions to the doctor's office if my appointment was 3 months ago. They moved. I didn't have my cell phone.

I got a Bee sting on the toe while I was telling Ethan that the bees won't hurt you if you don't hurt them (In the bee's defense...I did kick the apple he was sitting on without any provocation from him.) Ethan's fear of bees is know officially off the charts.

My dog growled and got ready to pounce on a neighbor boy who I convinced to try and be friends with Bella despite the boy's frightened claims that Bella didn't like him. I guess he was right.

Laina screamed at me to help her when the toilet was flooding over. Not 'about to' flood over...actually creating a new lake of excrement in the bathroom and out to the hall.

Right before bed we drive off to doorbell ditch some Halloween cookies to a couple of our neighbors. It is dark & spooky. As we pull up into our driveway, Ethan asks, "Who is that lady with the long hair that just ran through our house?" Alaina says, "Yes. I saw her." They would not be convinced that they didn't see anyone. I told the kids to relax as I secretly checked out every nook and cranny for myself. Now that I've put the kids to bed I'm fretting about long-haired, speedy, women intruders. I hate when Rob travels.

2 comments:

Tom and Annette said...

Oh, my goodness! It looks like the Halloween spooks and trixters came early to your place. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I used to never be afraid to be on my own, but now I'm so used to Kyle being here that I freak myself out when he has to go out of town! How spooky! Sounds like you had a day for the record books. Why is it all bad things seem to pick the same day?