After the twins were baptized, we all went home and prepared the house for Austin and Alaina's Birthday Party. (Because we didn't think their baptism kept us quite busy enough.) I was finally smart this year and I paid a friend of mine to make the cakes so that I didn't have to worry about them. What a great choice that was!
Check these beauties out! The cakes aren't too bad either :) That is Katie-the-cake-maker and her daughter Molly with the twins.
Alaina wanted dolphins...
And Austin wanted little Blue penguins.
Both cakes were not only super-fancy on the outside but delicious on the inside. Alaina's was coconut cake with a pineapple filling and Austin's was chocolate with a fresh strawberry filling. Ethan told everyone who wanted to know (as well as the rest of us) over and over that the cakes were "made-from-scratch!" They really were the best part of the party.
Besides the fact that BOTH of my Moms were their to take over while I busied myself with sitting down and looking at Jason. Mom Jones guided the kids through the field games. (Robert was having too much fun to do a lot of directing.)
And Mom Scribner sent the kids on a treasure hunt around the house, ending up at the table to eat pizza and cake. Oh yeah...I didn't even make any food. I bought pizza. I'm telling you...easiest party ever!
By the time the presents were opened and the cake was dished out, the parents were coming to pick up the kids. It was a great day for us all.
I also failed to mention that another activity that both sets of Grandparents were here for was the kids' piano recital. It was their first real one and they all did awesome. They were a little nervous but they remembered their songs and they got this smashing medal at the end of it all. Well done kiddies!







1 comment:
A great party for the twins! AND a very smart mama. Cakes made and pizza. Way to go Christy!
Post a Comment