Thursday, October 10, 2013


As I mentioned before, Alaina was chosen from her class to run for secretary.  They held two assemblies and she had to give a speech in front of all the students.  Alaina fretted over her speech for days, making sure she got it just perfect.

Robert and I went for the second assembly and got to see her in action.  She did a wonderful job.  I was filming her and fumbled with the camera at the very beginning, so you miss her her introducing herself. I did manage to get myself together enough to catch the rest of her talk, thank goodness!  Enjoy!


Sadly, she didn't win. However, I was so proud of her for trying! The boys were very supportive of her in their own ways. Austin told her what a good job she did and Ethan berated anyone who didn't vote for her. He had informed her that he told the whole 5th grade to vote for her and so he had at least one class covered. "The rest" he informed her, 'is up to you!" Too bad he couldn't rig the entire voting pool. :) I had to say that many of these kids' parents went slightly overboard. Their posters were engineered with flashing LED lights. One girl ran through a full-sized, printed banner (like the ones the football team runs through) and had three separate posters for her speech. It was intense. I happen to love the fact that Alaina made her own glitter poster (with Ethan helping on the coloring in) and wrote her own speech. She is more of a "you see what you get" kinda girl and I love it. And now...for your ultimate viewing pleasure, I have a secretly filmed clip or two of Jason dancing. He was playing on the electric piano and had the auto song on. Usually I go insane when I hear the same song being played over and over, however, watching Jason dancing to it made it more than bearable. I knew that if he saw me filming, he'd stop dancing, and so I hid in the other room. The down side is that you also get a pretty great shot of my messy kitchen. Thankfully, the ridiculously cut boy makes it worth posting. Now, wasn't that worth it? I love how completely joyful he is, enjoying the moment. And I just might have to steal some of those moves!

1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

Great videos! Love Alaina's speech. I'd vote for her!
Jason is so cute dancing! A winner on Dancing with the Stars for sure!