At the beginning of September, I caught wind of a shipment of fruit coming from Utah to Henderson. I wasn't going to do anything about it, but Robert suggested/insisted that I do some canning. (He can be very persistent.) So I ordered the fruit.
When I picked it up, I was immediately full of regret. The fruit looked great. There was just so much of it, and I was feeling rather exhausted just looking at it. Fortunately, I had me a couple of helpers and it all worked itself out.
We made pretty, pink applesauce. (Jonathan Apples make such a pretty colored sauce.)
And I made a bunch of peach jam. I was going to be canning peaches, but I waited a day too long and they went from perfect to a little too soft. Disheartened, I called Mom who suggested the jam and to freeze slices in small bags for smoothies. That turned out to be a stroke of genius as we have already used most of those frozen peaches in afternoon snack smoothies. Yum!
I also canned a few pears. I didn't do too many, but we managed to eat the rest of them pretty darn quickly. We'll have to save them for special moments...like, a Tuesday, or something.
Living in Vegas has its perks, and one of those is the chance to see road-weary travelers coming to and fro Utah and California. Arianna and her husband Davey stopped by on their way back to Utah from picking up Alyssa from her Dad's house. We got to spend a day with them and their newest addition, little Bryce. It seems so funny that when I met Arianna we were care-free, child-free girls in our 20's, playing in the waves in Hawaii. My, how things have changed. We got older, but just look at all those sweet, additional, faces. Every one of them...Completely worth it!
And just one last little pic to make you smile. Sweet sugar.
And I made a bunch of peach jam. I was going to be canning peaches, but I waited a day too long and they went from perfect to a little too soft. Disheartened, I called Mom who suggested the jam and to freeze slices in small bags for smoothies. That turned out to be a stroke of genius as we have already used most of those frozen peaches in afternoon snack smoothies. Yum!
I also canned a few pears. I didn't do too many, but we managed to eat the rest of them pretty darn quickly. We'll have to save them for special moments...like, a Tuesday, or something.
Living in Vegas has its perks, and one of those is the chance to see road-weary travelers coming to and fro Utah and California. Arianna and her husband Davey stopped by on their way back to Utah from picking up Alyssa from her Dad's house. We got to spend a day with them and their newest addition, little Bryce. It seems so funny that when I met Arianna we were care-free, child-free girls in our 20's, playing in the waves in Hawaii. My, how things have changed. We got older, but just look at all those sweet, additional, faces. Every one of them...Completely worth it!
And just one last little pic to make you smile. Sweet sugar.






1 comment:
Yum! I can hardly wait to taste some of your hard work!
Post a Comment