Sunday, December 01, 2013

Halloween!

This year, Halloween came and passed in a sugar-fueled blur.  We ended up waiting to carve our pumpkins until the day before Halloween.  (Good thing we did too, since the heat and dry air made those pumpkins wilt by the second day we had them out!)  Here are the kids with working on their masterpieces.





We let Jason paint his pumpkin which turned out pretty darn cool.


After cleaning up the baby, I was way too tired to stay up any later.  Lucky for me I had this pumpkin face kit....1 minute later and my pumpkin was finished.


Sadly, we didn't get a picture of the finished pumpkins....

We did however, make it to the church's trunk or treat.  Robert couldn't decided between the dragon costume or the turtle costume for Jason, and so he dressed him in both.





The kids dressed up for school the next day and they looked so cute.  The boys were wolf-ninjas and Alaina was Cleopatra.  (You may notice that Alaina stayed allowed me to take a lot more pictures of her than the boys let me take of them.  They were too excited to get out the door and get to school.)





While the kids were at school, Jason and I spent the day hanging out in a box.   Really.  What could be more fun than that?



Halloween went straight back to full-swing as soon as the kids came home.  We got everyone ready and Rob took the kids out trick or treating.



They had such a great time.  And I couldn't believe how many kids came to the door.  For a while, I didn't even bother closing the door and going back inside.  I just stood their as lines of kids came and went from my door.  As soon as the kids came home, I made them quickly go through all their candy and find the stuff that they really didn't like.  I took that candy and immediately, 'regifted' it to the swarms of children in our neighborhood.  


1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

Love the costumes! (And the weather)