In the beginning of February Alaina performed in the play "Beauty and the Beast." She played the part of 'crazy old Maurice' and she did a fantastic job. Alaina is terribly expressive and great at memorizing her lines. Most of all, she comes alive when she is on stage. There is no sign that she even is aware that the audience is there, watching her. And even better? She always looks like she is completely enjoying herself up on that stage.
Alaina amazes me. There is something about having a child that looks similar to yourself that makes you believe that you will feel things alike, or have the same talents and fears. So, when I see her get on stage and perform, in the amazing, easy way that she does, I am always taken aback. I would never have had the confidence or talent to do the things that she does. I love watching her become her own, driven, wonderful little person. She inspires me to be better, stronger, kinder, calmer, and more forgiving. I love all my children. They are all unique and beautiful little souls. I think that all of us can agree, however, that Alaina brings a calming, unifying spirit to our home. She lifts us up as she reaches higher and higher goals.
This sounds like a lot of weight for such a little thing to carry. I hope she doesn't feel like we are a burden for her. For now, we are all just enjoying the energizing spirit that she is.
Well done, sweet girl. You are, as always, our little star.
The boys were so amazed at how well she did.
Mom and Dad Scribner were able to come down that weekend to watch Alaina's second performance.
















1 comment:
Such talent!!! So proud of you, Alaina!
Post a Comment