Thursday, June 16, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

I had a wonderful Mother's Day, filled with my very favorite people.  I got a great breakfast in bed, complete with a Mother's Day song and bed full of chatty kiddos.  (I was surprised that everyone fit!)


This has been a bit of a crazy year for me, but no matter what I deal with personally, life doesn't stop moving forward.  Every time I come back up for air, these kids have changed.  At Easter, Ethan finally got as tall as his Mama (I know, not the hardest milestone to hit, but still a big one to see happen.)  One my last visit home, he was 1 1/2 inches taller than me.  It's like he's taking growth pills.  The twins went ahead and turned 12 without my permission.  My babies are moving through toddler-hood faster than I can handle.  I love these kids, but they refuse to stay put!


Being a mother has been the single greatest adventure I've ever had.  I can't imagine my life without these kids.  I am extra-blessed on Mother's Day because I happen to have two wonderful, generous mothers in my own life.  They have helped to guide me through all of our challenges and I would have been lost without their advice and help.   I've also feel lucky to have had so many sisters, sister-in-laws, and friends who have been excellent examples to me of how to survive each stage of these kids' lives.  I've learned so much from those around me and I plan on continuing to steal great ideas (all of which I unashamedly claim as my own!) and patterning my parenting style after them. 

This Mother's Day I really wanted some good pictures with all those kids together.  As usual, it was difficult to get them all happy at the same time, but we did get a few good shots and some even better ones of them by themselves.  




These little boys!  Seriously!  


After that awesome shot of them above, we had a terrible time of trying to get them both smiling at the same time.  Emmett was willing...Jason looked pained!



The chokehold 


Here, I'm sure Jason just got scolded for something.  I can just hear Emmett saying, "Busted!"


My worried guy's best shot.


Emmett and I shared the spotlight for his pictures. 


I LOVE


THIS KID!!


Austin too a great shot right off the bat and decided not to mess with perfection.


But he did mess with Ethan's picture.  :)


This teenager.  Why is he so cute!?


Alaina, as usual, let me take as many pictures as I wanted. 


And so I did.  :)



To top off a very sweet day...we had a Mother's Day - Happy Meal.   I love cheerful food.


Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

Love the pics! A great Mother's Day :)