Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The twin's turned 12!

A few days after losing Bella, the twins turned 12 years old.  Their Birthday was a little bitter-sweet for them.  They couldn't have the one the that they really wanted, but we did manage to have a good birthday for them.

For Mother's Day, Alaina had given me this impossibly cute and crazy cake book made by some extremely pinterest-y  people.  I told her that for her birthday, she could pick one out and we would try and make it together.

Well, she did pick one out (thankfully, one of the lest-insane cakes) and we stayed up late trying to put it together.  It was (of all things) a tree stump.  :)



Mom and Dad Jones came down to visit and to help Robert watch the kids while I went back to Utah.  Their visit gave everyone even more reason to cheer up and we ended up having a wonderful Birthday dinner and dessert.




My newest tweens.  I sure do love these two kids.


The next morning Robert made a mountain of crepes and the kids had every sort of topping possible.  Fruit, chocolate, ice cream, strawberry sauce.  It was absolutely delicious.



Poor Emmett started coming down with a fever and ear infection that morning.  (although he did managed to eat a couple of nutella crepes regardless!)  




After breakfast I was off again, driving back to Utah for week 2 of radiation.  With the twin's Birthday, Bella passing away and Emmett coming down with such a high fever, I never would have been able to tear myself away if I didn't have Mom and Dad there to take over for me.  They have always been there whenever we needed them, taking care of the kids, helping Robert out or just visiting.  We are so blessed to have them in our lives.  

This visit was no exception.  Not only did Emmett get sick but so did Jason.  They were able to get them to doctor appointments and care for them when Robert was working.   That's exactly what those kids needed...sugar, spice and penicillin.  :) 

So, knowing everyone was in good hands, I made my way back up to Utah for a two week stretch. 

No comments: