Saturday, July 23, 2016

The day of my last radiation, Robert hopped into the car and drove all five kids all the way to Santa Rosa.  I had been hoping to feel well enough to join him and the Jones family for their reunion, however, the radiation ended up hitting me harder than I had anticipated.  During that last week I was sleeping at least 4 hours during the day, waking up for a couple hours and heading back to bed.  I had headaches daily and felt nauseous when I got in the car.  I finally realized that I need to just let my body heal during that next week instead of trying to fit in everything I wanted to do.  So, Robert left and I was sad thinking about missing out on seeing family and enjoying a family vacation together.  Then I went back to bed.

Robert made the trip just fine and fortunately took loads of pictures, so I got to live a little bit vicariously through him.  The Joneses rented out a lodge at Camp Liahona in the redwoods (usually it is set up for Girls Camps but the week of July 4th, it is open to the public.)  Since it made for big groups of campers, it has tons of fun activities in place.  Things like, rope courses, archery range and a climbing wall.  It is also close to a stream with a swimming hole.  The lodge has a common room and beds for everyone.  I really hope we go back to that site next year!

The first day Robert took pictures of all the families.  Here is the whole gang.



Mom and Dad with all the Grandkids.


And Tonnette with all the grandkids


Then Robert took pictures of each of the individual families.

Dad & Mom


Jonathan, Jennifer, Devin, Levi, Sienna, Jett & Cole


Robert, Ethan, Emmett, Alaina, Jason and Austin


Tonnette


Ron, Arianne, Makenna, Ella, Wyatt, Kyla


Nathan, Lindi, Ryan, Benji, Anna


After all the family group photos, Robert tried to gather together the grandkids for individual pictures.  Unfortunately, Mom told me that the kids pretty much scattered after that, and so Robert just got who he could catch.

Ethan


Austin


Alaina


Dad, Tonnette, Mom


Cole


Levi


Sienna


Ryan


Anna


Benjamin


Arianne & Ron


Makenna


Kyla


Wyatt


Ella


Ron Jones kiddos


Mom and Dad smooching :)


Tonnette


That is one awesome family!








1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

We missed you, Christy! Hope to see you soon1