Saturday, July 23, 2016

We had one more little visit on Father's Day.  My girlfriend/roommate from my college days, Chelsea Waite Williams, was visiting her extended family in Utah and broke away from her family to visit with us for about an hour.  It was so great to see her and her 5 girls.  They were so gracious and wonderful to visit with.  I enjoyed talking to her husband for the first time, too.


Chels and I were inseparable when we were 20-21 years old.  I felt so lucky when she ended up being one of my roommates when I started my time at BYU.  She is kind and generous.  She made me laugh all the time and was a stellar example of what consisted of being a good friend.  When you are young and trying to figure yourself out, like I still was at 20, it is a blessing to find someone like that in your life.  Chelsea worked harder than anyone I'd ever met and never took anything or anyone for granted.  She wasn't perfect or an angel, but I'd have to say, she was pretty close.  :)  (That's how I felt when I knew her back then and not just nostalgia talking.)   

Throughout these last (gulp!) 20 years, we haven't kept in great contact.  Every few years we catch up on each other's lives.  Even though I haven't seen her since college, and so, so many years have rushed past us, I have to say that time seemed to stand still when we met again.  She was so much the same awesome person I knew so well.  I only wish that we could have visited longer.  Maybe one day I'll just drop by on her doorstep and force her to hang out with me for a few days.  You don't know...I could do it.

I'm not a fan up super-up-close head-shots, but since that is what we got...that's what I'm putting in.


No comments: