Monday, January 23, 2017

Jason turned 5 
Emmett turned 3

These little loves went ahead and grew up, despite very explicit instructions not to.  Because I knew we would be in Utah for Christmas (and we were already lugging all the kids' gifts up with us) I wanted to celebrate the little boys' birthdays before we left.  They have been loving Jake and the Neverland Pirates cartoon, and so we decided to have that as their theme.


They had hot-dog pirate ships and golden doubloons jello.  Nothing too fancy, but the kids like it. 


All of the kids...


Here is their cake.


All the kids got into singing the birthday song.


And blowing out the candles.



Both the little boys love pink and so we had a strawberry cake with a strawberry glaze.



Before we gave the boys their main present, we had them running through the house with a treasure map.  They did a great job figuring out the clues and when they came back down to the living room they found this pirate ship.  It was a regift, actually.  We gave this pirate ship to the big kids when they were about the same age.  The Ethan and Austin spiffed it up a little and the little boys had a good time playing with it.



I can't believe how fast these little guys grow.  I swear that they are growing much faster than my big kids did.  I keep trying to hold on to my sweet babies and here they are, acting like big boys.  It's tragic and wonderful.




1 comment:

Tom and Annette said...

Happy Birthday, boys!You both are toooooo cute!